How the 360-Degree Feedback Process Works
A well-rounded view of employee performance.
360-degree feedback reviews provide employees with professional, anonymous feedback from the people that work closely with them. Whereas traditional performance reviews typically only include feedback from managers, 360-degree feedback provides a more well-rounded view of employee behaviors by soliciting the ratings and comments of additional sources. Usually, this includes an employee's manager, peers, and direct reports. However, increasingly, vendors, clients and other business partners are asked to provide feedback. With EchoSpan, you can tailor your feedback process to your company's specific workflow and reporting needs.
1. Create a reviewEchoSpan's 360-degree feedback tool works with any competencies, questions and rating scales. Projects are managed by a central administrator at your company, or, by us.
- Use your own review content
- Select from our professionally-written competency library
- Start with a ready-made review template
- Run reviews in more than 100 languages
2. Add participantsEasily manage 360-degree feedback projects with dozens, hundreds or even thousands of feedback recipients.
- Quickly import participants from Excel
- Allow participants to self-enroll
- Link to your HRIS to import participants based on role, tenure or other criteria
- Monitor progress in real-time
3. Select raters360-degree feedback raters (those that provide feedback) can be selected by administrators or participants themselves.
- Participants can enter raters or select from a company database
- Upload predefined raters from Excel
- Import raters from your HRIS
- Request approval of raters by management
- Dynamically limit the workload of frequently selected raters
4. Gather feedbackRaters provide responses to their assigned reviews in minutes, online.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Require responses to items
- Ask open-ended questions, rated items, reverse scored items and more
- Unique Writing Assistant tool helps users craft feedback
- iPad and mobile device optimized
5. Run reportsEchoSpan's 360-degree feedback reports are bright, meaningful and easily understood.
- Generate reports on-demand individually or in batches
- Customize report appearance and content
- Distribute reports automatically when feedback is complete
- Schedule delivery of reports to participants, managers or coaches
6. Manage development plans
Following their 360-degree feedback review, your employees can construct and manage development plans online with a PC, tablet or mobile device.
- Build plans automatically based on review scores or from scratch
- Set custom goals or goals based on review competencies
- Score, weight and track goals to completion
- Request feedback on goals from others