Version 7.79 of the EchoSpan platform was released on March 12th, 2022. This release includes new features and enhancements to our 360 feedback, development planning and employee engagement functionality. As always, new features are included at no additional cost in their respective EchoSpan editions.
Brief summaries of the new features and enhancements are below. Once the release is published, we'll make additional documentation on each of these items available in the product guides . You can also sign up for a live session to review the new features with one of our client managers on March 22nd at 2pm ET , or March 24th at 9:30am ET .
Thanks to all of the program administrators who offered suggestions and feedback that helped us identify these enhancement opportunities. We're grateful for the perspective that you offer in continually improving the EchoSpan platform!
7.79 Release Highlights
(P= Professional Edition, E = Enterprise Edition, A = All Editions)
- Net Promoter Score (E): Net Promoter Score or NPS is a measure of how much others would recommend a company, product or employee. NPS is a trademarked process where questions are asked a specific way with a specific rating scale and reports are calculated according to their formula. Scores range from -100 to 100 where the higher number is better. Version 7.79 of EchoSpan includes support for NPS items, reports and exports . NPS items can be used with Enterprise engagement surveys or 360-degree feedback surveys.
- Multiple Competency Model Assignments (E): Admins can now assign targets to different individualized competency sets within a single project, which can save time related to project set up, status updates, user messaging and reporting. To activate this, the admin will create a project with all potential competencies and identify which competencies are associated with each role being assessed. The system will automate the selection of competency sets when the target is imported, based on the competency group that is identified with their record during the upload.
- Summary Dashboard (E): Users connecting to EchoSpan through SSO will now land on a single, summary dashboard that shows all feedback requests, development plans and reports on one page. From there, users can jump into individual projects to complete feedback tasks. The Summary Dashboard will provide quick, real-time status information on all tasks that a user is assigned to complete and makes managing multiple, simultaneous feedback projects much easier.
- Flexible Development Plan Activation (P,E): The Development Planning phase can now be initiated at any time once a target is added to a project. This enables targets to populate goals and objectives prior to receiving a 360 feedback report.
- Distribute Reports to Hierarchy Managers (E): With a single click, send 360-degree feedback survey reports to managers defined by your employee database . Report recipients can then log into their EchoSpan dashboards to download reports or download them directly from email. You will be able to easily configure security rules for reports as well as expiration dates, so that reports are only readable by their intended recipients and for a limited time.
- Big Exports (A): Customers running very large feedback projects will now have faster and easier export downloads. Exports in excess of 20MB will be split automatically into multiple download files. This makes the process of downloading large files more manageable and helps comply with many organizations download size restrictions.
- Email Validator On/Off Switch (A): We have added a master switch to manage the email address validator at the account level. When this feature is on, it runs a scan to assess the deliverability of each email address that is entered into the system by admins and/or targets.
Once released, the version 7.79 update is automatically applied to any new, blank project you create. You can also update an existing project by opening the project and clicking Upgrade Project in the top right of the project's homepage. This option will only be visible if an update is available for that project. Upgrades are available to clients without existing customizations. Note that if you clone a project that uses an older version of code, the new project will also be based on the older code and require a manual update.
As always, we appreciate your feedback on our product and services. Please remember that we offer a question and answer session each week that is an open forum for customer questions. One of our Senior Client Service Managers leads the interactive session and will address any product questions you have. You can sign up for these recurring weekly sessions below:
Last updated: Sunday, March 13, 2022