Development plan metrics allow employees and managers to apply performance values to each development plan goal. There are three performance metrics that can be applied to development plan goals:
- Percent Complete
The administrator configures the availability of metrics for each goal by doing the following:
- Open the project for which the settings should be configured.
- From the drop-down menu, select Dev. Plans >> Feature Settings.
- Expand the Metrics section. Each Setting has a detailed overview on the right side of the page that describes how each metric works.
In addition to individual metrics that can be made available, the system also offers preset metrics formulas. These formulas execute calculations based on the metrics to arrive at total performance scores for goals and the development plan in general. Currently, there are three preset goal formulas:
- Score x Weight
- Percent Complete x Weight
- Score x Percent Complete x Weight
Metrics formulas should only be set before the development planning period has begun. Changes to the metrics formulas during or after the development planning period should be avoided as doing so could cause problems with plan scores.
Last updated: Monday, January 16, 2017