There are a couple options to utilize when it comes to ensuring rater anonymity in the survey. We first recommend having a minimum of 3 non-managerial raters per relationship group. Then, when it comes time for reporting - you can utilize (1) critical rater/completion level requirement, (2) a minimum response filter and/or (3) rater pooling.
Please see below for more information on each feature:
1) Administrators can configure a project to require critical rater groups such that they must respond to the survey before a Target's feedback report can be generated. This is helpful in situations when you do not want reports printed until, for example, all Supervisors have responded.
Step 1: Turn on the critical raters feature in Advanced Settings
Step 2: Indicate which relationship group(s) are critical raters
- Go to Setup >> Relationship Groups
- Click the "Advanced" link to the right of the group
- Select "Yes" in the section 'Is this group required for reports'
- Click "Close" and then "Save and Close"
When the critical raters feature is activated in your project, you will see a message indicating which targets do not yet have responses by critical rater(s). For targets whose critical raters have responded, you will not see the message indicator and you will be able to generate the report either on-demand or according to your automated settings.
Administrators can also prevent the system from creating reports when a minimum total number of non-self, non-critical raters have not finished a review. When this setting is active, reports are locked in the Admin tool and when the autopilot or "Batch All Reports" feature is used to create reports.
- From the drop-down menu, select Setup >> Advanced Settings.
- Expand the Reports section.
- Select the Admin Reporting Completion Level in the dropdown box from the settings that are available.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Settings."
2) A minimum filter can be selected when generating reports. If a relationship group does not meet the minimum response, the rater responses will be excluded from the report. This response filter can be configured when generating an On-Demand report, when batching reports, or it can be configured via Setup >> Advanced Settings >> Reports.
3) Use rater pooling to combine the scores submitted by rater groups when too few responses exist in any particular group.
Be careful not to create circular references (Peer pools to Subordinate and Subordinate pools to Peer) as these will cancel each other out. Note that questions directed to a specific rater group in the Review Items page cannot be pooled with responses from other groups.
- From the drop-down menu, select Setup>> Advanced Settings and turn on rater pooling under the Report Settings section.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, select Setup>> Relationship Groups and click the advanced link for a group you want to pool. There you can determine what groups the other will be pooled with depending on how many people respond
- Click "Insert new relationship group" if you wish to create a combo group for multiple groups to pool into
Note regarding combo groups: you can create a new relationship group if you wish to pool multiple groups into a combination group such as "Peers/Direct Reports". In this example, you would create the new group "Peers/Direct Reports" and then pool Direct Reports to "Peers/Direct Reports" as well as pool Peers to "Peers/Direct Reports".
Last updated: Monday, December 5, 2022