Forced Rank items enable participants to rank choices entered into the system by the administrator. This can be effective for gathering input on where to focus individual and team efforts. To add a Forced Rank item to the survey, follow the steps below:
- On the Setup >> Review Items page, click the "New Item" link to the right of the competency you are adding the item to.
- Type in the text for your Forced Rank item question.
- Choose the item type as a Forced Rank Item from the drop-down menu.
- A text box will appear where you can enter the items to be ranked , one per line.
- Optional: select the relationship groups that should be able to view and respond to the question.
- Optional: select if the question should be required.
- Click "Save Changes".
Results for forced rank items can be displayed in PDF reports by going to the Reports >> Edit Report Templates option and including the "Forced Rank Item Report (beta)" component in the report template. Results can also be exported to excel or csv format under the Reports >> Export Data Files, using the export titled "Forced Ranking Item Export".
Last updated: Monday, June 29, 2020